Cam’ron – Crime Pays
This cd is dope. Cam’ron is comin’ at us hard (no homo). The tracks are fresh, the featured artists are really awesome and I would like to see them working on more stuff with Cam in the future. I have put my favorite tracks in bold, which tracks do you like? All in all I would give this cd a solid 8 out of 10; several of the tracks are so catchy I’ve already listened to them about 10 times each. The album is crack, Cam is on fire and shit, who is Byrd Lady, that bitch is dope. She kills every track she is on. Enjoy this, you don’t even have a choice. Free download at the bottom.
1. Crime Pays (Intro.) – “Dada Doh” hell yeah. Not sure what that interjection means, but it has been in head for afew days now. Pretty strong intro, with mentions of dipset, I am immediately excited.
2. Cookin’ Up – Cam is confident, this track reminds me of something that would be on Purple Haze and that’s a good thing. This track sets a precident for tracks to follow. Favorite line: “I tell her bitch get ova here, like Scorpion”
3. Where I Know You From – I like this song, feels like a track that would be played a hiphop club for a cool down. The beat is tight and its def a song you can grind too. Haha. I Like this. Favorite line – “Why you think the whole hood coroded, he Tony the Tiger, yeah he like to sugar coat it”
4. Fuck Cam #1 (skit) – LOL.
5. Never Ever – A fun track, not my favorite, but the beat is definitely fun. I would wash dishes to this. I could see this song having a real sexy music video..girls washing cars in bikinis, working at ice cream shops and or ice cream trucks. Ha, the girl that sings on the track sounds like a youngin’ and it gives the song a really playful feeling.. “Turn yayo to Fettatuni Alfredo”
6. Curve – The jokes in the beginning of this song are priceless. Hahaha. Infectious repeating beat, and nice flow. I love the sample in the background too, not sure what it’s from. I like this song too, can see me dancing to it a lot. I like all the lines, haha. “Curve nigga, Curve trick” Curve meaning to get the hell outta my face. LOL.
7. Silky (No Homo) – DAMN! now this is what I’m talking about. I could listen to this song on repeat. Haha. The sample, the beat, Cam’s voice over the track, this shit it hot. “Play with me and you’ll get your lawn mowed” this needs to be a single. “Got damn girl, yo legs long; she went down, she head strong”
8. Get it in Ohio – You already know. The bass hits soo hard. Hell yeah, this reminds me of old school Cam’ron. Shit feels like you could just bump it in your car and cruise. So smooth. So smart to have released this as a single. The chorus is so dope. Makes me wanna visit 140th and Lenox for sure.
9. Who – “Only gotta say two words, SWALLOW IT”, this song definitely had me doing the bounce on the train. Haha. References to Halle Berry, the Wire, Doublemint, like how can he go wrong? This song kinda reminds me of “Shake” from Purple Haze and yeah, that’s a good thing. “You Ray Charles, yall ni99as been blind.”
10. Grease (Skit) – LOL.
11. You Know What’s Up Ft. C.O. And Sky-Lyn – Okay, so this is like the first song on the album I don’t like. it’s too corny. Sounds like filler if you ask me, both featured artists are hardly “artists”. The dude C.O. cannot rap and Sky-Lyn can NOT sing at all.Cam delivers the only talent in the song, no surprise, haha. His line: “Ya girl an ex dust junkie, but a ‘bah-dunky’; keepin’ it just funky, she butt monkey. Yeah true blue, who knew, you knew, fuck her in her ass, started to leak Yoo-hoo” too funny.
12. Spend the Night - AHHHH! one of the best. This song is so addictive, has been on repeat since I got the album. The bass, the melody, all the lines, Cam’ron singin’, damn. So great. When you hear this song you will definitely give it a second listen immediately, I’ll prolly make it a ringtone today. Haha. Favorite line , hmm, choosing one is so hard because I get so wrapped up in the song everytime I try to pick one… this one is amazing.. “Get ya mouth wet, you the outlet; you got to plug me”
13. Fuck Cam #2 (Skit) – LOL. who wears pink?
14. Woo Hoo Ft. Byrd Lady And 40 Cal – first and foremost, Byrd Lady is crazy dope. I always love bitches that can rap, shit is so sexy. Haha, everyone knows I need a hood ass chick, for real. Haha. 40 Cal was a good choice as a featured on this track, his quick flow goes well with the melody and he’s nasty and funny.
15. Chalupa – “Call my block gravel, it’s mad rocks” nice tune, good beat. This is definitely something to nod your head to. Chea.
16. Cookies-N-Apple Juice Ft. Skitzo And Byrd Lady – This is definitely the track I listen to the most often, shit gives me chills. Haha. Again, BYRD LADY! “Classy yet I get nasty, nasty but never trashy, bright light, yes bitch I’m flashy, no you will never pass me” ——-> the way she says that shit, damn. I need a hood chick, for real. Cam, Byrd Lady, Skitzo, all on point. Damn, this song is hot. (listened to this song 3 times during this review. haha) Oh and the Soulja Boy sample, oh so fly!
17. My Job – Solid track, Cam’ sounds like he’s havin’ fun. The song is really summertime I would say. It’s an easy listen, Cam’s lyrics have matured and I feel like he’s really doing what he wants to do. Not that he wasn’t all the time, lol, I mean, he is Cam’ron. Hmm, the background music is awesome, I wonder if it’s a sampling..if so I would like to hear the original track.
18. Homicide – “Nigga said my car is the same color as flouride, what the fuck color is flouride nigga” I’m lovin’ the bass in this track. This track goes pretty hard, I must say, kinda reminds me of “Get em’ Girls”
Cam’ron just keeps it comin and I ain’t hatin’ him for it. Solid track, definitely something I could everyone bumpin’.
19. Fuck Cam #3 (Skit) – LOL.
20. Got It For Cheap Ft. Skitzo – This song has a lot going on, haha, it’s kinda hard to actually even pay attention to anything specific. Some good lines though, one being “She like to deep throat, me I call it lollygag”
and another being “casualities, actually, but I move casually”. I dunno, I hate the dude that us singin’ on the track, yikes, they shoulda got Byrd Lady, haha.
21. Get It Get It – i love the fairytale like music that opens this track..and then the bass that just drops and shits on all of us. Haha. Like this shit, a slow track, Cam’ does these well. Good track.
22. Bottom of the Pussy – Umm..yeah, lol, this song is so awkward. haha, I actually like the flow he’s giving, the chorus just makes it absolutely impossible to play aloud. Haha. This song features some of the best lines on the album. Great line: “When I hit that spot why you ain’t tell me nothing, I swear to God though, i thought it was your belly button”
23. Fuck Cam #4 (Skit) – LOL.
Free 7 day download - Cookies-N-Apple Juice Ft. Skitzo And Byrd Lady ——> CLICK HERE to download!